ZEN DAC Signature V2
- This . It has upgraded circuit components and short, direct signal paths for optimal signal purity.
- It delivers bit-perfect PCM (up to 32-bit/384kHz), native DSD (up to DSD256) and DXD.
- The use of the 16-core XMOS chip, rather than the original 8-core, means it is now a full MQA decoder rather than a renderer.
- It offers a pair of RCA sockets for single-ended connection to an amp, plus a Pentaconn 4.4mm output.
- The full benefit of the ZEN DAC Signature V2’s balanced circuit design comes to the fore when it is connected to an amp or active speakers equipped with a balanced input. This can either be a 4.4mm Pentaconn input or stereo XLR inputs via a 4.4mm-to-XLR cable.
- It can switch between ‘variable’ and ‘fixed’ outputs.
- ZEN CAN Signature HFM
- The ZEN CAN Signature HFM has a specialised, finely tuned EQ curve. Its custom ActivEQ setting combines active and passive components to create a specific EQ curve to suit HIFIMAN planar headphones. Check out the HIFIMAN Curve & Compatibility chart here. ActivHQ can be switched off to make the most of all headphones and in-ear monitors.
- The ZEN CAN Signature HFM also employs XSpace. This is an analogue processing mode which compensates for the ‘in-head localisation’ effect that can occur when listening to tracks mixed using a pair of speakers on headphones.
- It features PowerMatch – four gain in six dB steps – 0dB, 6dB, 12dB and 18db.
- The ZEN CAN Signature HFM boasts symmetrical, dual-mono balanced circuitry. It delivers 1600mW (7.2V) into 32 ohms from the single-ended output, with 15V+ available to loads of 600 ohms or more through the balanced output.
- It houses stereo RCA and 3.5mm single-ended inputs, plus a balanced 4.4mm Pentaconn input. It has a 6.3mm output for headphones that have a standard single-ended connector and a 4.4mm Pentaconn balanced output for headphones offering a balanced connection.
4.4mm to 4.4mm cable
- The iFi 4.4mm to 4.4mm cable employs heavy OFHC continuous cast copper and silver matrix conductors with a total thickness of 14AWG for the best signal transfer.
- It’s a perfect addition to our ZEN Signature Set HFM as this audiophile-grade cable will give you maximum quality balanced signal transfer and minimum interference.
- The cable construction is a custom helix design, minimised both in capacitance and inductance. It has intrinsic shielding provided by minZ™ helix construction. This protects the cable from RFI and EMI noise and provides the cleanest transfer medium possible.
- To insulate the cable even further, we used an RoHS compliant super-soft (60P) HD polymer with 1500V AC spark resistance and excellent dielectric properties.