ZEN DAC Signature V2
- This . It has upgraded circuit components and short, direct signal paths for optimal signal purity.
- It delivers bit-perfect PCM (up to 32-bit/384kHz), native DSD (up to DSD256) and DXD.
- The use of the 16-core XMOS chip, rather than the original 8-core, means it is now a full MQA decoder rather than a renderer.
- It offers a pair of RCA sockets for single-ended connection to an amp, plus a Pentaconn 4.4mm output.
- The full benefit of the ZEN DAC Signature V2’s balanced circuit design comes to the fore when it is connected to an amp or active speakers equipped with a balanced input. This can either be a 4.4mm Pentaconn input or stereo XLR inputs via a 4.4mm-to-XLR cable.
- It can switch between ‘variable’ and ‘fixed’ outputs.
ZEN CAN Signature MZ99
- The ZEN CAN Signature MZ99 has a carefully calibrated EQ curve to compliment the Meze 99 Classics. It adjusts the treble for more ‘vivaciousness’ and enhances the mid-low bass to extract the last drop of sonic goodness from these already musical headphones.
- Its custom ActivEQ setting combines active and passive components to create this special EQ curve. Take a look at the Meze Curve & Compatibility chart here.
- The ZEN CAN Signature MZ99 also works with the Meze 99 Neo and the Meze 99 by Drop. ActivEQ can be switched off to make the most of ALL headphones and in-ear monitors.
- The ZEN CAN Signature MZ99 also uses XSpace. This is an analogue processing mode which compensates for the ‘in-head localisation’ effect that can occur when listening to tracks mixed using a pair of speakers on headphones.
- It features PowerMatch – four gain in six dB steps – 0dB, 6dB, 12dB and 18db.
- The ZEN CAN Signature MZ99 boasts symmetrical, dual-mono balanced circuitry. It delivers 1600mW (7.2V) into 32 ohms from the single-ended output, with 15V+ available to loads of 600 ohms or more through the balanced output.
- It houses stereo RCA and 3.5mm single-ended inputs, plus a balanced 4.4mm Balanced input. It has a 6.3mm output for headphones that have a standard single-ended connector and a 4.4mm Balanced balanced output for headphones offering a balanced connection.
99 is the magic number
- Selecting the MZ99 button on the ZEN CAN Signature MZ99 calibrates its signal to complement the headphone’s response characteristics right across the frequency range. This then tunes its performance to work with Meze 99 headphones.
- The ZEN CAN Signature MZ99 does not only work with the Meze 99 Classics, but also with the Meze 99 Neo and the Meze 99 by Drop.
- As with our previous ZEN CAN Signature models, this feature can be switched on or off. Without ActivEQ engaged, the ZEN CAN Signature MZ99’s performance will bring out the best in all other headphones and in-ear monitors.
Gain, set, match
- The ZEN CAN Signature MZ99 has four gain settings in six dB steps – 0dB, 6dB, 12dB and 18db. We’ve called this PowerMatch.
- This enables the amp to precisely suit the connected headphones. Unity gain (0dB) is useful to ensure low noise with sensitive in-ear monitors, while the higher gain settings make the most of tougher headphone loads, delivering excellent dynamic headroom.
Balanced is better
- The ZEN CAN Signature MZ99’s circuitry is a balanced, symmetrical dual-mono design – a topology usually reserved for high-end headphone amps – with a number of key elements trickled down from the discrete Class A circuitry developed for iFi’s flagship headphone amplifier, the Pro iCAN.
- Key components have been upgraded to enhance performance in line with the improvements made to the ZEN CAN Signature MZ99, including the use of Panasonic OS-CON and Elna Silmic II capacitors.
A ‘meze’ ing
- The amp provides magnificent drive capability, delivering 1600mW (7.2V) into 32 ohms from the single-ended output, with 15V+ available to loads of 600 ohms or more through the balanced output.
- The ZEN CAN Signature MZ99 delivers monumentally low distortion, rich sonic detail, and mesmerising dynamics and the ability to drive all manner of headphones with ease.
4.4mm to 4.4mm cable
- The iFi 4.4mm to 4.4mm cable employs heavy OFHC continuous cast copper and silver matrix conductors with a total thickness of 14AWG for the best signal transfer.
- It’s a perfect addition to our ZEN Signature Set HFM as this audiophile-grade cable will give you maximum quality balanced signal transfer and minimum interference.
- The cable construction is a custom helix design, minimised both in capacitance and inductance. It has intrinsic shielding provided by minZ™ helix construction. This protects the cable from RFI and EMI noise and provides the cleanest transfer medium possible.
- To insulate the cable even further, we used an RoHS compliant super-soft (60P) HD polymer with 1500V AC spark resistance and excellent dielectric properties.